Sunday, November 10, 2013

WHAT IS ART?

What comes to mind when you think of art?  Paintings?  Sculptures?  Drawings?  Sure, all of them are forms of art, but there is a lot more: fashion design, jewelry making, architect, graffiti, video art, photography and so on.  In this blog you will see different forms of art....maybe not what you would expect. 

Here's a website that I found once while surfing on the web.  I think the guy is awesome!  Go to the website and click on his works of art.  Some of them have a video to show you how it was done.  Enjoy!

http://philinthecircle.com/shocking.html

Now watch these two youtube videos.....another form of art.  The first one was made by Francisco Quinones, a student who studied graphic design at Columbia.  The second one was made by Prof. Raul Moris.  Make sure you have your speakers on. 


NOTE:  There are now speakers available in the library.  All you have to do is request them.


Mujer de Caguana




Photoshooting Goddess video


Task:  Answer the following question.  Make sure to copy the question and then give your answer.  Leave a space between each response.


1.  Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
2.  What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
3.  What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
4.  Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video?  Why?
5.  So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?  =D


DATE DUE:  December 7, 2013

8 comments:

  1. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    The photo shooting Goddess video, its very artistic but I really think that both are amazing videos.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    Its very culture because show us some of our own Indian culture. The river, the costume, jewels and the physical characteristic's are great.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )? Its more about artistic photo designs and makes me feel very relax and on harmony.
    .
    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why? The one that looks like you have 6 arms, the costume with the visual effects of the arms it is very good !. :)

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? SO SURPRISED I never thought that my English teacher was on this videos! and you really has so many Indian characteristics or it looks like. The videos are beautiful, professionals, and really make me get a relax time with the music and the nature visuals. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosmarie Ortíz VelazquezNovember 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

    1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    -I like the art but the video remained well
    2- What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    -to see the video of caguana I impressed to see the teacher
    -3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    -It is a very good video I liked things seem so real
    4-4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    -The one that looks like you have 6 arms, the costume with the visual effects of the arms it is very good !. :)
    5- So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    SURPRISED I never thought that my English teacher was on this videos! and you really has so many Indian characteristics or it looks like. The videos are beautiful, professionals, and really make me get a relax time with the music and the nature visuals. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    The photo shooting Goddess video, its very artistic but I really think that both are amazing videos.


    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    . The river, the costume, jewels and the physical characteristic's are great.


    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    Its more about artistic photo designs and makes me feel very relax and on harmony.


    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why
    I really liked the videos

    5-. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?
    SURPRISED I never thought that my English teacher was on this videos! and you really has so many Indian characteristics or it looks like. The videos are beautiful, professionals, and really make me get a relax time with the music and the nature

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    I liked both. but the second one have more special effect.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    It is more natural. The model was perfect for the job. Much realism, as if were ot the time.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    Must take more work and more time. more graphic desing.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why
    The angel in the air. It was awesome.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?
    Oh , yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.Which of Phil's work's art impressed you the most? Why?
    I really like most the Time stands still. Because its a very creative way How he make movement in art the video is fantastic and very smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clariza Baez MontalvoDecember 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM

    1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    I liked Van Gogh. Because he used letters to do it.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    I think it was nice. I liked the graphic design with the butterflies.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    I think that it was nice. I liked how they used the different backgrounds.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    I liked the one that looks like a butterfly. I liked the visual effect.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    Yes I was. She looked very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first video was awesome because of the butterfly effect is very real truth that liked.
    The second video , I like the change.
    I liked the most was the one in the water charm me.
    See the teacher in the video look like a real artist all that impressive if liked.

    ReplyDelete