Thanksgiving is coming up. Many people take this time to thank God, but I think we should thank Him everyday of our lives. Most of us are thankful for our family and friends. Share 3 SPECIFIC things you are thankful for. Most of us are thankful for our family and friends, but I want your post to be a little different. If you say family and/or friends, describe a specific thing about that person or a specific moment in life you have shared.
SAMPLE:
1.I'm grateful I am bilingual. Thanks to my mom, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, I learned to speak Spanish since I was little. My aunt even gave my cousin, my sister, and me classes teaching us how to read and write in Spanish. It's sad that today many Puerto Ricans living in the US don't or can't speak Spanish because their parents talk to them in English all the time. They're going to learn English in school anyways. Thanks to being bilingual I can enjoy movies, books, music, etc. in both languages without having someone translate it for me. Some things are lost in translations.
2. I was born and raised in Chicago. At the age of 17, I moved to Puerto Rico. At first I didn't like it, but today I am grateful that my family decided to move here. I have gotten to learn about my roots and about the beautiful places on the island. I still miss Chicago, but nothing compares to the beautiful beaches, sunrises, sunsets, and the natural scenery on the island.
3. Above all I am thankful for my son. He is the light of my life. I had problems getting pregnant but the Lord answered my prayers. He sometimes drives me up a wall (LOL!) but he definitely makes me laugh. I am so proud of him. He's funny, intelligent, and very loving! One of the things that makes him so special is that EVERYDAY he tells me he loves me. At 19 he still kisses and hugs me even if his friends are present.
TASK: Be SPECIFIC about what you are thankful for. Remember it's THREE things. Leave a blank line (space) between each response.
DATE DUE: November 30, 2010
I Want a say thanks because of my parents, this people are amazing, unique very unite, they support me a lot on my studies and believe in me when nobody does, even when they really can't help, they try to make their best to support my dreams.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for my child's even when they drive me crazy, they are my reason to fight, and live I love them so much!. I always try to make my best for then. My kids are fighters, sports and natural protectors, like me.
I want to say thanks to my God, for make me the person who I am right now, for my stronger, my perseverant, my healthy, my family. I'm so grateful with him because he never, ever let me down. He always cover my needs. For those things and everything in my live thank you so much God!
Well I dance since I have five years old. I am grateful to God because since I was little my dream was to dance in different places such as TV programs, concerts, big stages, travel around the world and to have the opportunity to dance with internationally recognized artists in the music industry of salsa, hip-hop, reggueton, pop and more. Thanks to god I have achieved step by step, and this year has been the year with more opportunities in my dancing career. I hope spectacular things keep coming into my life as God has made it so far.
ReplyDeleteI am grateful to have my mom and my grandparents. They have been the most important people in my life. My mother because she made the role of mother and father for my entire life and have done wonder things like anyone else has. She is one of a kind, a brave women, excellent mother a an example to follow. My grandparents because they are who have been helping my mother and I all the time, because whenever we need them they are there to support us and help us move forward.
I recently started the sorority Eta Phi Zeta. This to me was a big change because it was something new for me. I am grateful and have no regrets of belonging to a large family as it is the Eta Phi Zeta Sorority. Some people will say that is ridiculous but sisterhood is not just socialize with different people. I thank God that what I found in this sorority I did not see anywhere else like the fellowship, help people in need and meet people humble and honest as are my sisters. Thanks to them I could do what I like more, help other people and visit different hospitals, shelters, orphanages even travel to the Dominican Republic to bring food to people in need. That's what this is about. Besides that found friendships there as I have not found elsewhere. No regrets, I keep giving thanks to God and I am still very proud to belong in the Phi Zeta Family.
I am very grateful to my parents why I have taken forward in life especially my mother my mother does everything to keep them shooting back and always supporting me in my studies is the greatest thing in my life.
ReplyDeleteI'm very happy and very proud of my brothers they are my reasons to go forward they always give me advice that I should not aga things wrong and are always awaiting me for all I am also very grateful to be tia I have 3 nephew and and another on the way soon and be tia is a emotions a very good experience they are my reason to live and move on instead of my nieces who is like my daughter would give my life for her
I am very grateful to the person I am today I have had many tropiesos in life but only God is the one who gave me the privilege to porder go forward and if I fall I get up again because there are many people that I want to look bad but I do not let me bring in those people who want to hurt me and all the days of my life I will thank you very much to my god for a new dawn
I am thankful for my family‚ we are very close. I am thankful for their support and for the way they raised me. And for helping me in anyway to reach my goals.
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for the amazing people in my life. I might not get along with everyone all the time but I know there are lessons to learn every step of the way. These moments are a time of growth and experiences.
I'm thankful for being alive. For being able to have good health and being able to wake up everyday and be with the people I care about.